AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
|AURTTA021||Diagnose complex system faults.|
|AURETR137||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle safety systems|
|AURLTB104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems|
|AURLTD109||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems|
|AURLTE104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines|
|AURTTA125||Diagnose complex faults in vehicle integrated stability control systems|
|AURLTX104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle automatic transmission and driveline systems|
|AURTTR101||Diagnose complex faults in engine management systems|
|AURTTA105||Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives|
|AURACA101||Respond to customer needs and enquiries in an automotive workplace|
Classroom based training sessions to develop the knowledge and theoretical understandings. Practical sessions in the automotive workshop.
The assessment process includes the gathering of evidence to demonstrate the student’s competence. Students are assessed using written assessment and direct observation of practical demonstration.
Course Entry Requirements
- Those undertaking the Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis must have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification, or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
Student Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of year 11 or equivalent or the equivalent level of study (AQF Level III & IV)
- Successful completion of Determining Suitability Assessment
- 18 years of age or above.
- Any enrolment specific requirements or conditions are detailed on the 1st page of Letter of Offer.
- Minimum English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (International Student) or a Lennox College Placement Test
*These entry requirements are in addition to Course Entry Requirements
Academic Entry Requirements
Those wishing to undertake the Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis MUST have completed AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology qualificationor be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
RPL / Course Credit
Lennox offers Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Course Credit to students through the enrolment process.
Pathways For Students
After achieving the AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, candidates may choose to undertake AUR50216 Diploma of Automotive Technology or other relevant qualifications.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Automotive Heavy Vehicle Master Technician
- Automotive Master Technician
- Automotive Mechanical Overhaul Technician
- Performance Vehicle Technician.
At the successful completion of the course students will be awarded with the “Testamur” and a “Record of Results” which provides detailed Units of Competency completed in the course.
At the Partial Completion of the course students will be awarded with a “Statement of Attainment” which will detail only the Units of Competency that student has achieved competency from the course.
The tuition fees for your course are $10,000.00
Fees include Material and Application Fees ($200 Application Fee, $1000 Material Fees $14800 Tuition Fees)